Here are a few suggested moving things to do for your checklist:
- Reserve your movers as early as possible. You never know when movers in your area get busy and reserving early makes sure you have the right crew ready to make your move.
- Set up the installation of utility services before you move. Don’t be concerned about paying an extra day’s worth of electricity or gas when not having these services available to you when you move in will make your life difficult. You are going to want the air conditioning on when you are unpacking!
- Don’t rely on supermarkets and liquor stores for boxes. Supermarket and liquor store boxes may not be strong enough or of the right sizes to efficiently and safely pack your belongings. Contact us about boxes and the whole range of moving supplies.
- Get rid of unwanted items before the move. It is much easier to have that garage sale, make those donations or simply throw out articles that you are no longer needing before you have to pack them and unpack them in your new home.
- If you have pets, ask a friend to watch them on the day of the move. Watching the moving process can be very confusing and disorienting to dogs and cats.
- Hand carries any valuables that you are concerned about getting misplaced.
- Empty your furniture of breakables and, in particular, liquids before the move.